Total Pageviews

Sunday 13 November 2011

Discoveries of the week...or the month, haven't decided yet

I have eaten a vegan diet and lived a vegan lifestyle for 8+ years, while I have plenty tried and true "products" that I use as go to ingredients and a number of places I can go and find a satisfying and delicious vegan meal, but from time to time I find something new...and EXCITING! I do not claim to have actually "discovered" these items or places, but am I ever happy I've experienced them :)

On a recent trip to Boca Raton Florida I found a soygurt and a restaurant...both amazing, and too good to keep a secret.

1) Silk Live! Keylime "yogurt"
While I use silk soymilk and non-dairy creamer often I didn't know until last week that they also make what I refer to as soygurt! Sure there are lots of soygurts available, and some are good and some are great but come on - KEYLIME! perfect for a holiday in Florida. I found this at Whole Foods, I don't have a Whole Foods in my city, but it may be worth a drive to Oakville.


2) Rock Steady Jamaican Jerk Cafe
Using the "search nearby" feature of Google Maps I found this place in Boca Raton Florida. It's a hole in the wall teeny tiny place in a plaza. Intriguing decor, live Reggae and very very small dine-in area make this place super cozy and welcoming! Great authentic Jamaican dishes but best of all a big hearty Vegan Jerk Burger (with your choice of regular or jerk fries). The patty appears to be made to order, not frozen, comes on a delicious whole wheat bun and topped with a mixture of plantain mash and jerk sauce. If every you are in Boca - find this place!

Check them out! http://www.facebook.com/RocksteadyJamaicanCafe


No comments:

Post a Comment